As most of you know Cannes Lion 2014 is going to take place in less than 10 days, the adland is building great anticipation on the event.
In 2013, there were more than 28K (28,691 to be precise) tweets with #CannesLions generated at the festival. Hence Ogilvy has wisely jumped on the bandwagon and created this nice infographic to illustrate how to activate Twitter at events.
So here we go, the 6 Tips on How To Activate Twitter / Weibo at Events
- Offer Free Wifi & Power - like wireless charging network Chargifi
- Design an official Hashtag - Don't be greedy, one hashtag is enough!
- Post signs of the hashtag everywhere like #SMWF
- Reward those who use the hashtag with a RT or Favourite
- Call-To-Action - if you want people to tweet something specific, you have to tell them.
- Show Off the hashtag feed - a Tweetwall would be a good idea!
Certainly this will come handy when there will be over 11,000 members from the creative industry gathering at Cannes, tweeting (and drinking) most of the time!